- Threaded mail
- iTunes playlist creation / editing
- 5x digital zoom: just tap on the display near the capture button, but be warned, it doesn't paint a pretty picture
- iBooks: we were having issues with the earlier build, but it seems to be running fine after today's official download -- PDFs work, too.
- Photos: you can now sort by albums, events, faces, and places
- Game center: the icon is present, but as of this writing we're unable to connect to the servers.
- Spell check has been updated
- Multitasking: this is the big one. Double-tapping the home button doesn't give you the handy menu, there's no fast app switching, and background use is missing in action.
- Screen lock: normally in the multitasking menu (which isn't available on 3G), it's nowhere to be found, even under Settings. Bummer.
- Home screen wallpaper: you'd think this simple addition would make the cut, but sadly no. The dock has been given a visual upgrade, though.
- Bluetooth Keyboard support: we haven't tried this ourselves, but an influx of reports from Twitter suggest this is also a no-go.
- Spotlight: the iPhone 3GS can search the web and Wikipedia from the homescreen. The 3G? Not so lucky.
iPhone 3G, iOS 4, and you -- what's missing (spoiler: multitasking) originally appeared on Engadget on Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:33:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | | Email this | Comments